Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Next Release? (Read 36190 times) previous topic - next topic

Next Release?

Reply #25
I have been overwhelmingly busy with work most of this year, but I got a chance to do a little work on WavPack lately. I put in the “-n” command into wvgain to only check “new” files. Feel free to build from the SVN trunk and let me know if it works okay... 

I can’t promise anything, but I would like to get 4.60 moving along soon.

Thanks for letting me know there’s still interest! 

Next Release?

Reply #26
I can't promise anything, but I would like to get 4.60 moving along soon.

As yet I only have done some test conversions but I am impressed by Wavpack, so thank you very much for this file format.

Now I would like to make some mass conversions with foobar2000.

Should I wait until Wavpack v4.60 has been released (bug fixes?)?

Robertina.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Next Release?

Reply #27
Now I would like to make some mass conversions with foobar2000.
Should I wait until Wavpack v4.60 has been released (bug fixes?)?
I don't see any reason to do that.

There have been no bug fixes or improvements to the encoding functionality, and I don't anticipate any changes to that in the foreseeable future. Just about everything I have planned now is improved functionality in the higher levels (like the raw PCM and binary tag field stuff in 4.60).

Next Release?

Reply #28
Course we all have to allocate time to what pays the bills and to our significant others, but a nice WV release would prevent interest in the CODEC to decline drastically in 2009... hint hint... 
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100