Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The whole shuffle/history thing... (Read 3472 times) previous topic - next topic

The whole shuffle/history thing...

I think it's pretty obvious that most people liked the old "hack" a lot better than the current implementation.

I really hope that, at some point, the old "previous (history)" is restored and we also get the new "next in playlist" and "previous in playlist" that the authors added lately.

The program's still the best, but it's oh so close to perfection.

Reply #1
By PP
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #2
Okay, I'll bite...

Why is this so stupid? Why is a shuffle history such a bad thing?  If I want hear the song played two skips ago, I am screwed unless I know what the song was. Hard to know every song in a large playlist.

KW

Reply #3
Well that's really not up to me.
The thing is there have been LOTS of posts about this behaviour and Peter has said over and over that this is the inteded behaviour.

Pretty, perhaps not
Fair, Who knows..

It's after all Peter's player and he calls the shots in the proyect and posting 1001 annoying msgs in Proyect Mayhem won't change his mind about his choice, It'll only annoy the users of this forum.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #4
Didn't we change his mind on supporting Win9x?

Reply #5
yes he did, but not because the board was flodded wis support 9X msgs

Reply #6
yes he did, but not because the board was flodded wis support 9X msgs

So how he changed his ming about 9x?
Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Reply #7
you should feel lucky : keyboard shortcuts are customizable 

Reply #8
i really would like a shuffle history thing... maybe someone needs to make a jukebox kinda plugin thingy

Reply #9
Well that's really not up to me.
The thing is there have been LOTS of posts about this behaviour and Peter has said over and over that this is the inteded behaviour.

Pretty, perhaps not
Fair, Who knows..

It's after all Peter's player and he calls the shots in the proyect and posting 1001 annoying msgs in Proyect Mayhem won't change his mind about his choice, It'll only annoy the users of this forum.

I totally respect the fact that Peter calls the shots and that its HIS player and all.

However, he did make it available to the public and as such there's gonna be some griping and praise from people  wanting this and/or that feature. Its the nature of the beast, no matter how annoying it may be.

If he chooses to implement the old shuffle behaviour, that would be great. If not, that's his choice too. I'm sure most people will learn to live without it.

I can only hope he will restore it.

Regards,

KW

Reply #10
Why not just bind randomize to the r key and sort to the s key.  Voila, instant shuffle, AND you can go back to the last few songs that played.
地獄