IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Can I set up fb2k so a click/double-click in window will pause/resume?, [TOS #6: was “Basic Quick Question”]
HeyThere
post Jan 29 2013, 22:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106281

Hey guys, just a quick question. I'm a new user of Foobar2000 and am missing one feature. Is there a way to configure part of the player application so that a mouse click (or double-click) would pause/resume playing? I'm not talking about the pause/play button but maybe on the album art area or the visualizations area - the same way this works on the MediaPlayer Classic (not MS) or PotPlayer?

Any helop is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
HeyThere
post Jan 30 2013, 02:43
Post #2

Or another example would be AIMP player - where you can Middle-Click on either the "Visualization" or "Album Art" area of the player in order to play/pause.

Anyone know of an option like this for foobar2000?
+Quote Post
dhromed
post Jan 30 2013, 10:22
Post #3

Member No.: 51347

Nope, but you can of course bind spacebar to play/pause.
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Jan 30 2013, 10:48
Post #4

Member No.: 19379

you could replace your default artwork panel with WSH panel mod and install a script i made called artreader. it's inside this bundle here: http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm

by default the double click action locates the image in explorer but you can edit the script to change this behaviour. on line 44, you'll find this....

CODE
function on_mouse_lbtn_dblclk(x, y) {
    a.lbtn_dblclk(x, y);
}

replace it with

CODE
    fb.PlayOrPause();
}
+Quote Post
HeyThere
post Jan 31 2013, 02:32
Post #5

QUOTE (marc2003 @ Jan 30 2013, 11:48) *
you could replace your default artwork panel with WSH panel mod and install a script i made called artreader. it's inside this bundle here: http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm

by default the double click action locates the image in explorer but you can edit the script to change this behaviour. on line 44, you'll find this....

CODE
    a.lbtn_dblclk(x, y);
}

replace it with

CODE
    fb.PlayOrPause();
}

Thank you very much for this - I got it set up and it works great! One question...

Is there a simple code change to make this work using a single- Left-Click or a Middle-Mouse-Click?
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Jan 31 2013, 10:16
Post #6

rename the function to on_mouse_lbtn_up or on_mouse_mbtn_up. i'm sure you can figure out what is what. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
HeyThere
post Jan 31 2013, 22:58
Post #7

QUOTE (marc2003 @ Jan 31 2013, 11:16) *
rename the function to on_mouse_lbtn_up or on_mouse_mbtn_up. i'm sure you can figure out what is what. tongue.gif

Thanks again - works well. Before asking, I tried renaming it to on_mouse_lbtn_clk but it didn't work smile.gif
Have a great day.
+Quote Post
backbone10
post Feb 2 2013, 16:48
Post #8

Member No.: 106360

Hi,
sorry for hijacking this, but i am searching a similiar funcunality, which i was not able to configure by myself...

Can I set up fb2k so a click/double-click in window will send a track to playlist and a middle click will ADD to another (specific) playlist e.g. called "PREPARED"..

The idea behind is that i can go through the lib and listen all songs by leftclick and with middle click i can prepare them for burning....

i dont want to use the queue for that....

thx in advance

bb10

+Quote Post
marc2003
post Feb 4 2013, 10:12
Post #9

you could look at file>preferences>media library>album list. you can bind the middle click to send to a new playlist - not a specific one though.....

i find the easiest way to send tracks to specific playlists is to have playlist tabs active (or a playlist manager panel) and simply drag/drop tracks from your library viewer onto them.

+Quote Post
backbone10
post Feb 6 2013, 13:23
Post #10

Member No.: 106360

hi marc2003,
thx for your answer. the first part was known to me but does not perform what i wanted sad.gif

the second idea looks pretty good as an alternative, but i to make life easy i would need easy 2 separate playlists in Foobar side-by-side. i am searching for that, but this looks not possible, too...

maybe someone can help me with that ??

br

bb10
+Quote Post
ruebe
post Feb 6 2013, 13:44
Post #11

Member No.: 83940

if you want two playlist-viewers side by side, that show different playlists, you have to use esplaylist
this viewer gives you the possibility to lock every panel to a different playlist - in contrast to the standard behavior of the stock playlist viewer which only shows the selected playlist

This post has been edited by ruebe: Feb 6 2013, 13:45
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 14:25