Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1894956 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2600
I'm not the developer. Though support for opus was added to the ogg section of taglib it has not been added (so far) to taglib-sharp (taglib#). CUETools uses taglib-sharp to add tags. Someone did request opus support in taglib-sharp back in 2012.
korth

Reply #2601
With cuetools 2.1.5, I am seeing inconsistent results in the cue file produced when encoding tracks from a single wav and cue image.  The result will have some FILE statements misplaced and INDEX 00 statements added.  Here is an actual cue files produced where the inconsistency appears twice, once for TRACK 02 and once for TRACK 03.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening or do I need to manually correct all cue files produced by cuetools?

Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "Sherman Chung"
TITLE "Thunder Party"
REM GENRE "Pop"
REM DATE 2008
REM RELEASEDATE 2008.11.26
REM DISCID 8E08A90A
FILE "01. 80 Commandments.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "80 Commandments"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiny Tablets"
    INDEX 00 03:42:41
FILE "02. Tiny Tablets.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Red Brick"
    INDEX 00 03:41:59
FILE "03. Red Brick.flac" WAVE
FILE "04. Wild Lily.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Wild Lily"
FILE "05. Beat Time.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Beat Time"
FILE "06. Shut Up.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Shut Up"
FILE "07. Able To Buy.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Able To Buy"
FILE "08. Eyes Don't Lie.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Eyes Don't Lie"
FILE "09. One Heart Two Use.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "One Heart Two Use"
FILE "10. Memories Of a Break-up.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Memories Of a Break-up"

Reply #2602
Right now with current stable version and in 2.1.6 cant choice any Platform...

My videocard still nVidia GeForce GTS 250, drivers: 340.52

Reply #2603
Does anyone know how to force CUETools to add a leading zero to single digit numbers in the tags upon conversion? For example, I would like the tags of the converted files to be consistent with those produced by EAC, having 01, 02, 03, etc. in the "Track Number" field, as opposed to 1, 2, 3 etc. that CUETools outputs. It seems as if it would be a simple task, yet this one continues to stump me.

Reply #2604
With cuetools 2.1.5, I am seeing inconsistent results in the cue file produced when encoding tracks from a single wav and cue image.  The result will have some FILE statements misplaced and INDEX 00 statements added.  Here is an actual cue files produced where the inconsistency appears twice, once for TRACK 02 and once for TRACK 03.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening or do I need to manually correct all cue files produced by cuetools?

That is a Multiple files with gaps (Noncompliant) CUE. Users often prefer this type of CUE as it retains the gap information from the original Image + CUE for burning to CD. As far as I know there is no way to disable this action in CUETools.
korth

Reply #2605
I have the error in CueTools, if i verify AR:

AR: database access error: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'www.accuraterip.com', CTDB: database access error: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'db.cuetools.net'.

nslookup www.accuraterip.com
gives the output:

Server:  fritz.box
Address:  xxx.xxx.xxx.1

Nicht autorisierende Antwort:
Name:    accuraterip.com
Address:  89.238.133.247
Aliases:  www.accuraterip.com

ping www.accuraterip.com
gives the output:

Ping wird ausgeführt für accuraterip.com [89.238.133.247] mit 32 Bytes Daten:
Antwort von 89.238.133.247: Bytes=32 Zeit=51ms TTL=115
Antwort von 89.238.133.247: Bytes=32 Zeit=48ms TTL=115
Antwort von 89.238.133.247: Bytes=32 Zeit=49ms TTL=115
Antwort von 89.238.133.247: Bytes=32 Zeit=49ms TTL=115

Ping-Statistik für 89.238.133.247:
    Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen = 4, Verloren = 0
    (0% Verlust),
Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:
    Minimum = 48ms, Maximum = 51ms, Mittelwert = 49ms

Reply #2606
Does anyone know how to force CUETools to add a leading zero to single digit numbers in the tags upon conversion? For example, I would like the tags of the converted files to be consistent with those produced by EAC, having 01, 02, 03, etc. in the "Track Number" field, as opposed to 1, 2, 3 etc. that CUETools outputs. It seems as if it would be a simple task, yet this one continues to stump me.

+1

Reply #2607

According to documentation on templates, you should be able to do it by using the function $ifgreater(x,y,a,b).

That is a Multiple files with gaps (Noncompliant) CUE. Users often prefer this type of CUE as it retains the gap information from the original Image + CUE for burning to CD. As far as I know there is no way to disable this action in CUETools.

OK.  Thank you.  Maybe one can hope for a "Force Compliant" option in the future.

Reply #2609
According to documentation on templates, you should be able to do it by using the function $ifgreater(x,y,a,b).

That document is about output path templates for folder and file names. It won't help with tagging.
korth

Reply #2610

That document is about output path templates for folder and file names. It won't help with tagging.

That is precisely the problem. Templates for tagging do not exist in CUETools, which is unfortunate.

My current solution is to use MP3tag for this task. I created a new Action, using format string [$num(%track%,2)] for the "TRACK" field. That will instantly change all single digit track numbers in the tags into a leading zero format. Very simple and very effective. However, I wish I didn't have to go through this extra step of loading all of my converted files into MP3tag to do this. It would be nice if this could be done within CUETools. All it would require would be to provide the user with an advanced option of choosing either %track number% (single digit) or %tracknumber% (two digits).

Reply #2611
my CUETools doesn't run anymore
Can anyone help me?

I can access to www.accuraterip.com and to db.cuetools.net via browser and via nslookup and via ping, but CUETools yields "the remote name could not be resolved"

I have the error in CueTools, if i verify AR:

AR: database access error: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'www.accuraterip.com', CTDB: database access error: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'db.cuetools.net'.

Reply #2612
New firewall/Internet security software?
Proxy settings correct for how your machine connects to the Internet?
korth

Reply #2613
> New firewall/Internet security software?
No, i have tested to put off:
- WIN-Firewall and
- Avira Antivir
==> no effect.

My OS ist WIN 7.

> Proxy settings ?
I don't have changed anything about Proxy settings, but i will read and test it now. And after that i will give feedback ...

Reply #2614
Proxy settings:
the default was: system; 127.0.0.1; 8080
I have tested: none
and: custom with 127.0.0.1; 8080
==> no effect, error still remains

Reply #2615
I have found the commandline tool ArCueDotNet.exe in the installation folder of CueTools and it works   
No error "the remote name could not be resolved" occurs anymore.

Now i need the four options:

-w
writes AccurateRip-Tags

-i
ignores existing AccurateRip-Tags (works like i have deleted the AccurateRip-Tags before calling ArCueDotNet)

the combination: -w -i or: -i -w
ignores and overwrites existing AccurateRip-Tags

e.g.: -o65
uses the offset 65 (and calculates V2 for this offset)

o without offset declaration: -o
calculates the V2 value for all detected offsets (like running ArCueDotNet multiple times with -o<offset1>,  -o<offset2>, ...). This is usefull to see the best offset for a Rip without "Read offset correction".

The Pregap is used from the cuesheet e.g.: "PREGAP 00:00:32" or from the m3u-playlist from the first comment line e.g.:
"# PREGAP 00:00:32"

e.g.: -p00:00:33
overwrites the Pregap from the cuesheet and the m3u-playlist respectively.

Perhaps the following is usefull also:
e.g.: -p00:00:00-00:00:32
or short: -p-00:00:32
tests all Pregaps: from no Pregap, PREGAP 00:00:01, PREGAP 00:00:02, ... to PREGAP 00:00:32, if the Rip is existing in the AccurateRip DB

-v --verbose
verbose mode, exists already

Please write three of the AccurateRip-Tags at Bottom of the -verbose output, e.g.:
<ACCURATERIPCOUNT> : 9
<ACCURATERIPCOUNTALLOFFSETS> : 17; 16
<ACCURATERIPTOTAL> : 27; 26

Where can i post this request for the developers?
Are there more users found these options for ArCueDotNet.exe usefull?
I hope this makes CUETools even more useful.

Reply #2616
I've was using Cuetools 2.1.4 for a long while so I decided to look if there was an update. I found 2.1.5 and tried it.
To my surprise I couldn't find the scripts tab to add my custom script. I went to this forum and I read that a dll was removed because of a false positive virus alert.
I think it's a bit radical to remove a feature instead of reporting the dll to the maker of the virus scanner as a false positive.

Well, I thought, let's run the new version next to the old one, so I can revert to the old one if I need my script.
But because they use the same directory for the settings I have to rename the 2 settings.txt every time.

Is it possible to introduce the scripts back in version 2.1.6? Or make it an optional plugin so we can choose if we want to use it.

Reply #2617
You can keep settings separate by removing user_profiles_enabled file. Settings will be written to the CUETools folder.

THe scripts could have been nice, but very few people could actually use them.
I was hoping that this handful of people would find it not much more difficult to just build their own custom version of CUETools.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2618
Thanks for the user_profiles_enabled tip.
Is there a tutorial to build your own custom version? I'm not a programmer, so I don't have a clue yet of what is needed to do that.

P.S. I also have Avast, I never had the virus alert. Just scanned the 2.1.4 directory which came out OK.

Reply #2619
I was hoping that this handful of people would find it not much more difficult to just build their own custom version of CUETools.

I'm not the most versed with .Net, I only have some experience with an MVC webapp. But I do have some experience with other languages. I took a look at the code for CUETools and found it to be a bit daunting. Admittedly, I'm not the best programmer ever as I'm only about half way into my Computer Science degree. That said, I'd love to maybe take a crack at further enhancing it. I'm going to continue looking through the code, but if you could maybe give me some sort of overview of how everything is structured, that would help me tremendously.

Reply #2620
Minor bug report: CUERipper puts two "FLAGS PRE" lines in the cue sheet when it encounters pre-emphasis flags. I don't know if it matters, but the flags were only in the subcode, not the TOC.
Code: [Select]
REM ACCURATERIPID 00157f63-00b7f7e8-a10bac0b
REM DISCID A10BAC0B
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "Human's Lib"
CATALOG 0075596034623
REM DATE 1984
REM DISCNUMBER 1
REM TOTALDISCS 1
REM COMMENT "CUERipper v2.1.6 Copyright © 2008-13 Grigory Chudov"
FILE "[00] Howard Jones - (HTOA).flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "Conditioning"
INDEX 00 00:00:00
FILE "[01] Howard Jones - Conditioning.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "What is Love? (Extended Version)"
INDEX 00 04:33:03
FILE "[02] Howard Jones - What is Love_ (Extended Version).flac" WAVE
FILE "[03] Howard Jones - Pearl in the Shell.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "Pearl in the Shell"
FILE "[04] Howard Jones - Hide and Seek.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "Hide and Seek"
FILE "[05] Howard Jones - Hunt the Self.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "Hunt the Self"
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "New Song"
INDEX 00 03:42:12
FILE "[06] Howard Jones - New Song.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "Don't Always Look at the Rain"
INDEX 00 04:15:25
FILE "[07] Howard Jones - Don't Always Look at the Rain.flac" WAVE
FILE "[08] Howard Jones - Equality.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "Equality"
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "Natural"
INDEX 00 04:27:07
FILE "[09] Howard Jones - Natural.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "Human's Lib"
INDEX 00 04:26:53
FILE "[10] Howard Jones - Human's Lib.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
FLAGS PRE
FLAGS PRE
PERFORMER "Howard Jones"
TITLE "China Dance"
INDEX 00 04:04:00
FILE "[11] Howard Jones - China Dance.flac" WAVE

Reply #2621
Minor bug report: CUERipper puts two "FLAGS PRE" lines in the cue sheet when it encounters pre-emphasis flags. I don't know if it matters, but the flags were only in the subcode, not the TOC.

I'd call that a useful design feature rather than a bug.

How else would you know whether a rip has pre-emphasis?  By manually checking the log?
And if you wanted to burn your rip to a CD-R, you'd need to set this flag (unless there is a way of burning the flag in the subcode?).

Reply #2622
I said it puts two FLAGS PRE lines on each track. It's supposed to only write one per track.

Reply #2623
Someone did report a [a href='index.php?showtopic=107463']similar problem[/a].
korth

Reply #2624
Right now with current stable version and in 2.1.6 cant choice any Platform...

My videocard still nVidia GeForce GTS 250, drivers: 340.52

anything new about fixing this problem?